Saturday, January 29, 2011
I received 5 weird calls in 3 days last week, and I've no idea how these people got my number.On Tuesday, this kid called me. I didn't recognise the number and it appeared as one of my missed calls, so I just called back in case it was someone I knew.
Me: Hello
Kid: Hello
-awkward pause-
Kid: Hello, are you Lynn?
Me: No... (like wtf?)
Kid: Oh, are you Timothy?
Me: No... (yes, I was being very patient)
Kid: Are you ___ (forgot the name)
Me: No.
Kid: Then what's your name?
Me: Alice. (Now I've no idea as to why I answered this last question)
Kid: Oh, wrong number, byebye.
On Wednesday, in the evening, I received 2 calls from an overseas number.
The first time, I picked it up.
Caller: @%@&&*%#$ (I presume it's an Indian caller, because it sounds like Tamil.)
Me: *bewildered for a moment, then hangs up
Five minutes later, the same number appears on my caller id again, so I didn't bother to pick it up.
On Thursday, I received a call from an unknown number.
Me: Hello?
Caller: Hello. We are calling from the Bank of China (yes, the person is from China).
(then she switches to Mandarin) Wo xiang tong zhi ni bei xuan zhong ying de le mian fei the xing yong ka. (You've won a free credit card)
Me: ... *hangs up
I think Singtel should start doing something about phone number privacy, no?
Labels: of weird phone calls.

i'VE got this
i WANT this