Wednesday, October 27, 2010
I've finally overcome my laziness to update about the trip to Hong Kong!:)First day was total slack and being a little jet-lagged, though I don't think this should even be applicable, because there's no time difference between Singapore and HK. But oh well, I'm just giving myself an excuse to be tired anyway.
So here are some photos from the first day:D
In Changi Airport ready to board=)
Bored because the budget airline take-off is always delayed, so I've heard.
Taken by Joanne. I like this:)
I had the experience of ordering food onboard because the budget airline was no frills (duh.). But by the time the food cart reached our row which was right smack in the middle, the only food left weren't even on the menu. And the poor steward had to repeat twice what was left because apparently Joanne and I were in a state of disbelief the first time he told us the food we wanted were sold out. Lol. Anyway the food prices were a rip-off. $8 for chicken rice, or other main courses, and $3 for a packet milo, for instance. Price-inelastic much?
Time skip to HK:
Someone got a nice pose here!
Self-cam while waiting. Ahem. ><
Dinner at the 'simply life' bakery. Joanne's uncle's treat!:D
Doh dze!
Our main course which we shared.
Beef burger with cheese and bacon, fried tomato and fries.
Pictures of the salad, pasta and wine are unavailable.
I drank quite abit of wine too, which I regretted sorely as I experienced body rash for the next three days:/
Then we cabbed to Causeway Bay to catch my football match, the Merseyside Derby between Everton and Liverpool, which was a sucky match in the end. But I enjoyed the experience anyway:)
The bar: East End Brewery, where the two of us shared more drinks!
First drink: Sex on the Beach. (I think Timbre's is nicer.)
Second drink: Margarita, chilled. Not bad.
Specialty is peanuts.
Alcohol with peanuts. Not a bad combo while watching football at the same time, but the fingers hurt after awhile. Too much wear and tear lol.
The peanutshell-littered floor.
Someone else's drink, not ours. I forgot the name of the person! Oops.
Anyway, HUGE cuppa beer. It lasted nearly 3 hours. Not a bad way to save money but get a drink that can last the entire time in a bar.
Best drink of the night in my opinion. Drank most of it because Joanne was full:)
I shall try the Long Island in singapore next time and compare!
Love drinking with adults because they foot for everything:D
I wish I could stay this age forever. Sigh.
Quote of the day (QOTD).

i'VE got this
i WANT this