Monday, May 31, 2010
A couple of random things happened to me these few days.As if Ihaven't had enough.
Last Saturday morning:
I was walking home after stayover at flea's place.
Nothing unusual, right?
Then this jogger (a rather tubby woman possibly in her twenties, wearing glasses) who was walking appeared from a corner and was walking towards me from my opposite direction.
And she was staring at me, like she was bu shuang with me or something.
(In my head I was like, "What??") So I just stared back at her. Like, nothing wrong right? I mean, she started the staring thing first.
So we locked (not gaze,) but stares, for a couple of seconds before she passed me.
I thought, "Ok, whatever."
Then a second later, I heard the woman exclaiming, "Diao jiu diao la! Ta ma de!" (in a mix of mandarin and hokkien dialect)
Then I was stunned for two seconds (but still walking), and I contemplated whether to turn around and confront her or not. But I continued walking because I was running late for my tuition class, and decided that if I didn't have any reaction the passers-by would just think she was nuts talking to herself anyway.
Sheesh. Is it wrong to stare at people when they stare at you first?
I'm dissatisfied. Rawrrr.
Today:
Just went back to ajc to collect my a-level cert with flea.
The security guard uncle managed to pull a prank on us!!!
(Two of us walking past the gate. The uncle was on the phone.)
Us: Hello uncle. Wo men lai na a-level cert (we came to get our certs). *flashes cards
Uncle: Orh. Cert huh.
General office. *points in direction of the g.o.
(Two of us contiued walking, then we heard...)
Uncle: General office close already!
Us: (turn around) Huh?
Uncle: General office close already.
(I turned to flea and we stared at each other, stunned.)
Me (thinking): wtf, we came here for nothing?!
We looked at the uncle and he was grinning away, using his hands to signal us to go to the g.o.
We were still in a state of shock for two more seconds and then I went, "OHMIGOD we just got scammed by the uncle!!!"
Then we turned to the uncle who was still smiling away and we started laughing.
Seriously, the uncle should go and try out for some bit-part in mediacorp.
:D
Labels: yes yes so random.

i'VE got this
i WANT this