Wednesday, March 3, 2010
OK here are zee photos as promised!Day 0: Flight to Incheon airport - the number one airport in the world.
Weather: Airy

Being excited and all @ Changi
I was quite excited, so although I was tired, I didn't really sleep at all.
Arrived at Incheon at around 6am seoul time.


You can roughly tell how nice incheon airport looks:)


I had macs breakfast in the airport.
It's cheaper compared to in Singapore, but the portion's slightly smaller.
The bread was darn nice though- it's crispy!:D
Day 1: Seoul
Weather: Fine

Firstly, meet Judy Park, our mandarin-speaking tour guide. She is jjang (the best)!!
The architecture in Seoul is entirely different compared to in Singapore (I mean, like, duh).
The buildings are mostly made up of bricks. Somehow bricks are more pleasing to the eye than cement. Hurhur.


Royal Pass:


You can see the mountains in the background. Korea is freaking mountainous.
Gyeongbok Palace:
The place was still undergoing renovation due to the attack by the Japanese years ago, but it was still magnificent nonetheless. Hell, there isn't even a palace in Singapore.




the ancient drum

You can see that the interior is so ancient, but pretty

the very intricate-looking ceiling

golden dragons that I can't remember what they symbolise, but of course, it's a very good symbol


even these little things on the roof meant something- they're supposed to be characters from 'Journey to the East (xi you ji)'
And the little green door in the middle of the photo- it's the fireplace.

Can you tell that the moat behind us is frozen!!
:P

Delicious-looking BIBIMBAP for lunch - that I did not finish. Still not used to the taste.
Dongdaemun- the shopping haven:
I only ended up getting two hoodies. That's for sleeping in the bus when the tour guide was telling us where to shop and all. But we would all come back to DDM later in the week:)
So not being able the find the shopping mall Judy recommended, we took to the streets ourselves.



Boss says I look like a bulgogi ambassador here.
But doesn't it look tasty?!
Going for
XD
Then we also bought some red bean pancake thingy in the shape of a fish. We only ordered one but the kind ahjussi gave us a bonus one! Kamsahamnida!:D
N'Seoul Tower AKA Namsam Tower (in the drama BOF):

I swear the hardest part is climbing up the steep slope><

And so, the tower stands majestically before us...

It is so tall, I can't even get it in the picture with me standing in front.
Sigh.

N'Seoul Tower!

Oops, I think I'm supposed to look grouchy here. Hehe.

I have no idea what's Spiderman doing here.
Views from the top:D




Coolest (and highest) toilet ever.XP


There was a show going on downstairs in the open space.

Of course, going back down was much easier and less strenuous.

DINNER!
Seafood steamboat. One of many, many, many steamboats to come.
Night: Transfer to Jeju Island

Jeju taxi-stand

GS25: the korean version of 7/11

Shop-of-the-day: E-MART
Opens till 2am, and sells EVERYTHING. Seriously.

And so, we bought our stuff, and happily await Day 2.
=)
Labels: Koreeaaa Day One

i'VE got this
i WANT this