Sunday, March 14, 2010
Day Five: Seoul cityWeather: Fine, very chilly

A korean-chinese (chirean) breakfast
The food was passable, but it had to be the time when I had this sudden craving for laksa, so nothing else looked appetising at all...
Next we visited the Ginseng Museum. Well, no photo-taking allowed there. But the ren-sheng really looked like humans! It was quite freaky. And there was this ginseng exhibit that looked like the ginseng was wearing underwear, lol.
Kimchi-making session!


Getting ready to spread the marinade on the bai-cai (chinese cabbage).

Hands on!

My very own kimchi:D
Hanbok session:

I like it, hehe:P


Don't the young men look lecherous here. Lol.
They were supposed to look like shao-ye's ogling at girls HAHA.

The girls' turn next!
The shot's abit slanted though.

Group photo!
I personally like this photo alot! We all look nice in hanboks!:D

Lunch: Another steamboat.
I have nothing more to say about this.
Visit to 'The Face Shop':
We were taught how to take care of our faces, but personally, it's too much of a hassle and I don't have the means (ahem, money) to do what we were taught.

Anyway, this was before the lesson and the facial.

And this was after! (No, it's not due to the lighting haha.)

And somehow, we met our new vietnamese friend again!
We learnt that he's really very horny.
Visit to the War Memorial:




They are supposed to be brothers-in-arms, I think.
Pardon me if I'm wrong.


There's this place that is made up of collage.
And it's really beautiful.


Life-size exhibits of the war vehicles.

Plane exhibit.
Conclusion: Their war memorial is really much more interesting than ours.
LOTTE WORLD:
(where much of 'Stairway to Heaven' was filmed)

entrance;

what's this type of skirt called again?:)

The huge merry-go-round that appeared in Stairway to Heaven;

and the mural as well.

Disneyland-like structure

Getting onto the first (and only) ride, the 'Waikiki Wave'.

Pulling down the safety belts

whoosh!

I did not scream at all. Duh. It's not a roller coaster.

The ice-skating rink (also in 'Stairway')

Very pretty:)
The parade at night:


Penguin playing a guitar. LOL.

the pharoah that looked like cyclops when I snapped this photo.



Eww. Insect World. Self-explanatory.

The smiling crab!! Haha, it's real.

Yes, the house is kinda small.
I'd definitely like to go back to Lotte World again.
Only managed to take one ride due to that impossibly long queues!
The average waiting time for a ride was actually 80 minutes!! Can you believe it. Bleh. Because we were unlucky enough to visit the theme park on a holiday eve. Oh well.
Soju-drinking at night:

I didn't join in because I was happily awaiting the Liverpool-Blackburn match in the hotel:D
I still drank korean beer in the end though:P
Labels: Koreeaaa Day Five

i'VE got this
i WANT this